Fast and reliable — those are the words you would want to hear when you set up a server that will cater to your needs, from managing site traffic to holding sensitive information, you must choose a trustworthy one. Running a website or an application can be tedious if you choose a server that might not be able to meet your demands and requirements. Privacy and security are also at play here since the server set up will hold user data and information amongst other things that will help your product run smoothly. If these things are exactly what you’re looking for, then you might want to consider investing in a dedicated bare metal server.
A dedicated bare metal server is perfect for those who want their information and data to be more secure and private since it only hosts a single tenant or a customer, this kind of server can run various tasks from simultaneous users without sacrificing speed and optimization. Should you choose to use a dedicated server, it will be rendered exclusively to you. Only you, its sole tenant, will be able to configure its settings and set up parameters; you won’t be sharing anything to anyone. You will get total control over the server and its services, making sure that everything is up to your standards.
Here at ServerHub, we offer dedicated bare metal servers that can be customized to match your exact specifications. From a powerful single processor to cutting-edge dual processors, you best believe that you will find an affordable server that will make your product run at its best all the while staying within your budget. Say, you’re a food blogger who wants to expand their website to accommodate more traffic and visitors, you might be in line with a single processor server, namely an Intel Xeon E3-1270v3 running at 4x3.5GHz and 16GB DDR3 RAM, with 2 terabytes of storage for HDD or 240 gigabytes of storage for SSD, and 20 terabytes of bandwidth that will cost you $88 per month at the very least. In order to complete the purchase, you will have to configure the server first to ensure that you will be getting the most out of it. Once you have configured the settings, it’s time to get it up and going.
This basic guide will show you how to set up your very own dedicated server in five easy steps.
SETTING UP YOUR DEDICATED SERVER
1. Log into your own WebHost Manager. This nifty interface will allow you to manage your dedicated server and its settings. Through the WebHost Manager, you will be able to make changes and implement them with security.
2. Your Hostname will be generated for you, but you can change it into a valid domain name. A safe bet would be server1.yourdomainname.com, be sure to keep it valid since it will affect your server’s functionality.
3. Set up your IP. This particular server configuration has four IPv4 addresses, one of which is usable, generated automatically. If you’re only going to use one address, you may skip this step. If you chose to add more IP addresses, you will need to bind these with a Subnet Mask.
4. Know your nameservers. Nameservers are basically what makes your website visible and accessible to the public. Your automated nameservers should resemble something like ns1.yourdomainhere.com and ns2.yourdomainhere.com, these should be paired with the IP addresses that came with the server.
5. If you chose to get cPanel + WHM control panel, you should know about cPHulk. cPHulk is an important part of cPanel and WHB, this feature protects you and your users from harmful brute force attacks. It is recommended that you utilize this service and its options where you can preemptively set up the maximum attempts before the attacker is banned/blocked.
6. The final step would be the option to track your bandwidth. With a generous 20 TB of bandwidth, you shouldn’t worry about slow loading times, nevertheless, it’s important that you keep a log of how much bandwidth your users are using. This feature comes with the option of restricting the amount of bandwidth per user if you think that it may help keep the server running as smooth as possible.
There will be certain options and settings that are automatically generated for your server to make sure that it is optimized for your needs, if you wish to change them, please make sure that you refer to the information provided to you from ServerHub, customer support is available 24/7, all year round with a 15-minute response time.
Investing in a dedicated bare metal server may help you expand horizons and reach more audience, while not worrying about slow loading times and security. With a dedicated server, you will be pushing your product’s own limits and boundaries, developing it into the best it can be.